Wednesday, November 11, 2015

NOTHING

There is something in being nothing. 

There is worth in being worthless. 

There is value in being unknown. 

This is what I understand and feel these days. 
I am not defined by what I am doing.  I am not ascribed as to what position I hold.   I am not even recognized with whom I belong.  There is nothing in me these days that can actually make me hold on to emphasize my value.  I cannot highlight what I did in the past precisely because it is past.  I cannot boast of anything that I have done because they all become irrelevant in this particular place, this particular time and situation.  This is just me.  

And, honestly, there is never any feeling of self-hate, self-condemnation or self-pity. 
Just. Me. 

Oh yes… there is something that holds on to being “me”… just one:  the Priesthood!
… something I cannot put aside, ignore 
or even pretend that it does not exist in me. 

The Priesthood is the only thing 
that brings me to understand myself. 
The Priesthood is the only thing 
that makes me look at the past as moments of learning, 
and that the future should be the generous response. 
The Priesthood is the only thing 
that makes me see the present 
as movements of the Hands of God.  

And all the rest is GRACE. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remarkable.